Welcome to our Testimonials Page for D.I. Telbat’s Writing!
Here you will find excerpts of comments, testimonials, and reviews for several of David Telbat’s novels and short stories. I have used bold text on some lines, but all other emphasis belongs to the submitter. Enjoy!
(more testimonials will be added soon)
What people are saying about Called To Gobi:
- I finished Called to Gobi…AND…I LOVED THIS BOOK! Honestly…not just saying this to be nice…the books keep getting better and better.
First of all this book took me to a place I have never been to, in more ways than one. …and then there is ANDY. You have to love this guy and his determination and zeal for living out his life for Christ.
Called to Gobi ticked all the boxes for me: Christian based, story content was excellent…lots of research went into this, adventure (big on my list), and faith building (even bigger on my list). Thank you David for following where our Lord leads you.–Susan L.
- I must tell you I had wondered about David writing something so different from COIL. Not that I doubted he could do so but wondered if I would enjoy it as much. Oh. My. Goodness!! No disappointment here. I couldn’t put it down once I started reading it.I know how much research be had to do on this one. It was entertaining, informative, and most of all: INSPIRING! I was sad to see it end. But of course it was a great ending, for sure. I have always been impressed with my favorite author but now he is off the chart. So looking forward to having lots of time in eternity to talk with him. You too, my dear. Keep up the good work. Blessings, Ann
What people are saying about other D.I. Telbat stories:
- I have read everything on Amazon that you have written and have been incredibly blessed by the quality of your stories and the integrity that is common in so few these days. My husband has started reading them and it is a different outlook for him this non-lethal resistance again incredible blessings. Thank you so much and I pray that The Lord bless you and keep and continue to use you in mighty ways to advance His Kingdom.–Koralee
- I love the serialized novels. Then I buy them and re-read them. I rarely re-read a book, especially fiction but it is a joy to re-read David’s books. One of my younger friends read the prequel and then promptly bought the entire COIL series at one time. Yes. She was surely hooked. 🙂 —Ann
What people are saying about Soldier of Hope:
- I am convinced that David Telbat and his gift of writing is God-given. While God has blessed numerous others with the gift of Christian writing, both fiction as well as nonfiction, I have found David’s writing to be my absolute favorite. No sex,bad language,taking our Lord’s name in vain, or misusing the Bible’s true meaning makes his books so popular and enjoyable. I highly recommend ALL of Mr. Telbat’s writings to anyone looking for a suspenseful, absorbing, on-the-edge-of-your-seat action thriller that you’ll find hard to put down or forget. We all need to be re-reminded that nothing is unseen by our God, nor is anything too small or too hard, but that HE does everything for His glory to show us time after time of His desire to be included in our lives. Also take note that there are very few typos in any of these books.
I know that I have been made so much more aware that I have taken missionaries for granted and have been too indifferent for all that many of their situations. That all has changed because God led me to Mr. Telbat’s books. My prayer life is improving, and I have a much better idea of what to pray about. Good reading.–Linda H.
- David, fantastic story! As an Iraq and Afghanistan veteran, this was truly gripping for me. Any Soldier considers being cut off from friendly forces a worst case scenario, and many would give up hope. You captured a will to survive that made this very real. But you showed us that real hope is found in the faithfulness of God. Honestly, I hope you write 10 hours a day!! —Jeremy Jackson
- This book [Soldier of Hope], like all of his others, is hard to put down. I would tell everyone who loves the Word of God, a good thrilling, sit on the edge of your seat suspense, and a well written story, to buy his books. They will not regret it.–Catherine Riley
What People are saying about Dark Vessel, Book Four in the COIL Series:
If you are a fan of the COIL series by D.I. Telbat, the fourth installment of Dark Vessel will not disappoint. The action begins immediately on page one and continues on with a slightly different perspective than the other books of the series. It also marks the return of two of my favorite characters, Corban Dowler and Luigi Putelli. The perspective is unique and insightful as the book is divided into sections told in the first person by Corban, Luigi and Chloe Azmaveth with some other familiar names and some newer characters that are featured in Mr Telbat’s new series, The Believers Boot Camp. All the elements of the former books are included in this one, the intrigue, suspense, action, covert operations and strong Christian message. It will have you reading long into the night…–Allison I.
What People are saying about SEA SCRIBE, a Covert Christian Mission Suspense:
- I really enjoy D.I.’s books! I started with the first God’s Colonel & have read all his books. My favorite is Sea Scribe but I would recommend any & all stories by this author. Thank you D.I. & Dee for utilizing your talents & gifts for the Word! —Jan J
- I just finished reading your book Sea Scribe. I love your stories of hope amongst persecution. Thank you and God bless you. ~Lynne Clark
- “Sea Scribe” is a nautical delight, full of intrigue that will keep you turning the pages! In a race against time, Troy Forge sails the Ritmo, an 80 foot custom catamaran, through the Pacific toward the raging Sea of Japan. Will he make it in time to meet his rendezvous point in North Korea, with the famous underground persecuted Christian named Ho Kichun? Life and death is at stake! Throw in modern day pirates terrorizing every vessel sailing in their path, a stow-away running from a murder charge, an innocent young beauty held captive and forced to work in a Russian nightclub and you have all of the ingredients for a story full of action, adventure & suspense! I could not put this book down! D.I. Telbat has done it again! Bravo! ~Pamela Booker, Agape Truth International
- “Your latest book SEA SCRIBE was terrific! Almost couldn’t put it down. Each book gets better. Thank you.” ~Elizabeth M.
- “OH MY GOODNESS. Sea Scribe was an AMAZING book….I loved it.” ~Phyllis O.
What People are saying about JAGUAR DUSK, A COIL Connection Book:
- “Jaguar dusk drew me in on the first page and kept me till the last page. Excellent book!! D. I. Telbat is one of the best Christian novelists I have read. Highly recommend.” ~Terry Gilliam
- “As with the COIL series, Jaguar Dusk was a really good read. All of Mr. Telbat’s writings are a good read and good witness to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!“
- “I really loved Jaguar Dusk. It is a fantastic story.”~Trinity Rose, Trinity Rose’s Garden
What People are saying about Dark Rule, Book Three in the COIL Series:
- “I just love the COIL series. So Dark Rule, Book Three by D.I. Telbat is just another fantastic book. I love to hear how the agents fight against the powers of evil and satan. They do it without killing any one and they always give the evil people a chance to do right and join the Lord’s side. If you love suspenseful, action-packed books these books are for you. I highly recommend the COIL series and Dark Rule is an excellent read.”
~Trinity Rose, Reviewer for Trinity Rose’s Garden
- “I have come to think of the Coil series as the ‘mission impossible’ for Christians. ‘Dark Rule’ by D.I. Telbat is entertaining, suspenseful and suitable for all readers. It does not contain sex or extreme violence. I do recommend you read this book. Though the reader will be able to follow the story without purchasing the first two in the series there will be a better appreciation for the essence of the series (the difficulties of Christian missionaries) if each book is read.” ~Marsha Randolph, Reviewer for Beyond the Bookstore
- “Telbat has done it again. Combining an exciting story with the ongoing struggle between God’s servants and dark rulers of this age. Woven into this adventure are real issues that Christians living in this world must deal with and the sometimes high cost of getting the gospel out there. Entertaining and spiritually challenging.” ~Ed K.
What People are saying about DARK HEARTED, Book Two in the COIL Series:
- Dark Hearted, the second book in D.I. Telbat’s COIL Series, ranks right along with the first, but on a slightly different track. Although captivating from the beginning chapter, Dark Hearted takes a new twist. Evil seems more insidious, striking at the very heart of COIL operations. Old friends are in danger, and new acquaintances have hidden motives. Distracted by inner turmoil, Corban and his team must focus on keeping their organization operational, not to mention alive, as they again face off with their mortal enemy, Abaddon. Throughout this new novel, Telbat maintains his themes of faith, redemption, and the power of prayer. Whether bringing you to tears or keeping you on the edge of your seat, each chapter will have you breathless for more. ~Allison H., USA
- D.I. Telbat does it again in Dark Hearted. The continued story about COIL from Dark Liaison….DELIVERS. I could not put it down, I could not rest until I knew what happened. The story line is riveting and dynamic and keeps you on the edge. Your favorite characters are back in action and the situation they find themselves in does not disappoint. This is a MUST read….David…please tell me that you ARE working on a 3rd of this series….I am a FAN….~Phyllis O., TN
- Dark Hearted, the second book in a series by author D.I. Telbat continues the story of COIL, a group of Christian operatives who are tasked with assisting endangered missionaries while also thwarting evil at every turn. The suspense escalates as the team must embark on not one, but two missions—one to rescue their captured friends from the hands of the menacing Abaddon and the second to help protect an airdrop of food from a militia group where they are greatly outnumbered. The author keeps us on the edge of our seat with twist and turns. His character portrayal of Christians is a breath of fresh air, showing that Christians aren’t perfect, but are forgiven. I thoroughly enjoyed this continuation of the COIL story and anxiously await the next book in the series. ~Jill D., US
- 5 minutes after finishing Dark Liaison, I downloaded Dark Hearted. To be honest I did not believe this 2nd edition to the Coil series could possibly be as thrilling as the first but I was wrong. D I Telbat takes your heart and mind to places you have not been before, opens your eyes to things the world would prefer you not to know and at the same time restores your hope in mankind. It will have you on the edge of your seat chewing off your finger nails one minute and bring you to tears the next. If you want to know the real meaning of the words courage and sacrifice you will find them in these pages. I could write my own book detailing all reasons why you should read these novels but that would mean I would have to put aside “Jaguar Dusk” which I have just started and that is not an option. So instead I leave you with Psalm 91. God bless. ~Hayley, S. Africa
What People are Saying about DARK LIAISON, A Christian Suspense Novel, Book One in the COIL Series:
- “I couldn’t put this book down. I really can’t say enough for all of the wonderful parts of this book. If you never read any other book this year, you need to read Dark Liaison. It is such a fantastic book, full of excitement and adventure. I highly recommend this book.” ~Trinity Rose of Trinity Rose’s Garden
- “I could not put [Dark Liaison] down and it left me literally begging the author for more. The characters were amazing, the plot and story line was mesmerizing, and I could not stop reading. There were so many twists and REAL surprises and it also touches your heart.” ~Phyllis Olley, TN
- “I loved Dark Liaison!!! There was a lot more substance to Dark Liaison than normal books – which I liked. I loved Dark Liaison and definitely recommend it – I’m looking forward to the next book in the COIL series!!!” ~Melanie of Christian Bookshelf Reviews
- “Worthwhile read if you like suspense novels! [Dark Liaison] is excellent in many ways. It has edge-of-your-seat suspense throughout the book, interesting characters, and exciting action. I enthusiastically recommend it!” ~Andrew L.
- “It is a very well-written and researched book…it is highly entertaining and well worth reading. I would definitely recommend Dark Liaison to any fan of the spy/thriller/suspense genre. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the C.O.I.L. series, Dark Hearted.” —Rick Fess, Ontario, Canada of Spiritual Fiction Books
- “Dark Liaison, a Christian suspense novel by D. I Telbat, is absolutely captivating from the beginning. Dark Liaison is a well-written thriller…” ~Marsha Randolph of No Wayz Tired
- “Excellent Christian Suspense. This is a very interesting book that I found very hard to put down. The plot was very engaging and will keep the reader on their toes to see what will happen to this team next. I would recommend this book to everyone.” ~Reviewer Lynn of Miss Lynn’s Books & More
- “Very good book. Dark Liaison is the best Christian novel I have ever read. There is a great lesson of mercy and loving your enemies.” —Mark A. Sam, NY of Promote Ministries
9.) “D.I. Telbat has crafted a Christian spy novel that combines action and suspense while shedding light on the persecution that Christians around the globe suffer. The writing is engaging, the action fun and eye-opening. Dark Liaison is a fun story with a great message. ~Josh Olds, Indiana of Life IS Story
- “If you like mystery and suspense peopled by interesting characters, you’ll like DARK LIAISON.” ~Dell Smith Klein of At Home With Christian Fiction