Dear Reading Friend, there you are at home, listening to the hum of the A/C—or out on the beach under the umbrella—wondering what to do with yet another hot, summer day. But it doesn’t have to be a boring time—not when you can travel the world with this Summer (& Beyond) Reading List for Christians! Whether by fiction or non-fiction, you can supplement the noise of the A/C with the following page-turning reads.
This list is far longer than you can probably read in a summer, so use it throughout the year! Click the links to read book descriptions or book reviews by D.I. Telbat. These books are either written by him, or he has done a book review on each recommended non-fiction book. (This list also gives you an order in which you might want to read D.I. Telbat books.) Happy reading!
Summer (& Beyond) Reading List for Christians
by D.I. Telbat
Click links below to find direct retailer links, or D.I. Telbat Book Reviews.
*Certain marked titles are only available in paperback format, and not as eBooks.
- Non-fic: Thirty Days in the Land with Jesus by Charles H. Dyer: Devotional, Christian Living
- Dark Liaison – The COIL Series, Book 1: Christian Suspense
- Dark Hearted – The COIL Series, Book 2: Christian Suspense
- Non-fic: Iran: Desperate for God by Voice of the Martyrs: Missions, Testimonies, Religion & Spirituality
- Dark Rule – The COIL Series, Book 3: Christian Suspense
- *Non-fic: By Faith Alone by Patrick Klein: missionary, Autobiography [in print only from VBB here] (*Read David’s review here.)
- Dark Vessel – The COIL Series, Book 4: Christian Suspense
- Dark Zeal – The COIL Series, Book 5: Christian Suspense
- Non-fic: End of the Spear by Steve Saint: autobiography, missions
- Distant Contact – The COIL Legacy, Book 1: Christian Suspense
- Non-fic: How to Pray by R.A Torrey – Christian living, Discipleship
- Distant Front – The COIL Legacy, Book 2: Christian Suspense
- Distant Harm – The COIL Legacy, Book : Christian Suspense
- Non-fic: God’s Smuggler by Brother Andrew: biography, missionary
- Called To Gobi: End Times Chronicle
- Non-fic: Peace Child by Don Richardson: autobiography, missions
- The Resolution Series, 1-4 (due out mid-July 2019): Futuristic novellas
- *Non-fic: Rescue the Captors by Russell Stendal: autobiography, spiritual warfare [available in print only; no eBook] (*scroll this pg+read David’s Book Review.)
- God’s Colonel: End Times
- *Non-fic: Your Victory in Jesus by DL Moody: Christian Living [print only; no eBook] (*Read David’s book review here.)
- Fury in the Storm – Book 1 of The Leeward Set: Christian Suspense; underground NK church
- Tears in the Wind – Book 2 of The Leeward Set: Christian Suspense & rescuing child soldiers
- Non-fic: Dreams and Visions by Tom Doyle: religious persecution, religious studies, missions
- Soldier of Hope: POW survival story
- *Non-fic: The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee: inspiration, spiritual growth, Christian living, Discipleship [print only; no eBook] (*Read David’s book review here.)
- Arabian Variable: Covert Action-Suspense
- Non-fic: Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef: true story, autobiography, terrorism, religious studies
- The STEADFAST Series: Steadfast Bk1 ~ Steadfast Bk2 ~ Steadfast Bk3 ~ Steadfast Bk4 ~ Steadfast Bk5 ~ Steadfast Bk6: Futuristic novellas
- Non-fic: The Soul Winner by C.H. Spurgeon: Christian Living, Discipleship, Instructional, Inspirational
- Dawn of Affliction – Last Dawn Trilogy, Bk1: Post-apocalyptic
- Non-fic: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand: WW2 Biography of Louis Zamperini, Survival, Redemption [watch Captured by Grace trailer]
- Dawn of Oppression, Last Dawn Trilogy, Bk2: Post-apocalyptic (due out 2020)
- *Non-fic: The Key to Everything by Norman Grubb: Christian Living [only in paperback; no eBook] (*Read David’s book review here.)
- Dawn of Subjection, Last Dawn Trilogy, Bk3: Post-apocalyptic (due out 2020)
- Non-fic: The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob by Watchman Nee: Christian Living, Promises of God
Other recommended books and reviews to read as you find time:
The above books are not just good reads. They are faith-building walks through the lives of imperfect but committed Christians who do mighty things for their Lord Jesus Christ. You will emerge more fervent in your own faith after spending a summer (& beyond) exploring the lives of these adventurers. We pray you have a great and safe summer!
See you on the next page!
(Note: Many of the above links contain Amazon affiliate links, which means we receive a few cents on any sale made through these links. It helps a little with some of our operating costs. Thanks!)
Novel Update: The Resolution Series is NOW OUT! You’ll enjoy getting to know Wes Trimble better, and to hear about some old friends of yours as well.
COMING UP: Join us next time for David’s “Q+A for The Resolution Series.”