Dear Reading Friend, there you are at home, listening to the hum of the A/C—or out on the beach under the umbrella—wondering what to do with yet another hot, summer day. But it doesn’t have to be a boring time—not when you can travel the world with this Summer (& Beyond) Reading List for Christians! Whether by fiction or non-fiction, you can supplement the noise of the A/C with the following page-turning reads.
This list is far longer than you can probably read in a summer, so use it throughout the year! Click the links to read book descriptions or book reviews by D.I. Telbat. These books are either written by him, or he has done a book review on each recommended non-fiction book. (This list also gives you an order in which you might want to read D.I. Telbat books.) Happy reading!
Summer (& Beyond) Reading List for Christians
by D.I. Telbat
Click links below to find direct retailer links, or D.I. Telbat Book Reviews.
*Certain marked titles are only available in paperback format, and not as eBooks.
- Non-fic: Thirty Days in the Land with Jesus by Charles H. Dyer: Devotional, Christian Living
- Dark Liaison – The COIL Series, Book 1: Christian Suspense
- Dark Hearted – The COIL Series, Book 2: Christian Suspense
- Non-fic: Iran: Desperate for God by Voice of the Martyrs: Missions, Testimonies, Religion & Spirituality
- Dark Rule – The COIL Series, Book 3: Christian Suspense
- *Non-fic: By Faith Alone by Patrick Klein: missionary, Autobiography [in print only from VBB here] (*Read David’s review here.)
- Dark Vessel – The COIL Series, Book 4: Christian Suspense
- Dark Zeal – The COIL Series, Book 5: Christian Suspense
- Non-fic: End of the Spear by Steve Saint: autobiography, missions
- Distant Contact – The COIL Legacy, Book 1: Christian Suspense
- Non-fic: How to Pray by R.A Torrey – Christian living, Discipleship
- Distant Front – The COIL Legacy, Book 2: Christian Suspense
- Distant Harm – The COIL Legacy, Book : Christian Suspense
- Non-fic: God’s Smuggler by Brother Andrew: biography, missionary
- Called To Gobi: End Times Chronicle
- Non-fic: Peace Child by Don Richardson: autobiography, missions
- The Resolution Series, 1-4 (due out mid-July 2019): Futuristic novellas
- *Non-fic: Rescue the Captors by Russell Stendal: autobiography, spiritual warfare [available in print only; no eBook] (*scroll this pg+read David’s Book Review.)
- God’s Colonel: End Times
- *Non-fic: Your Victory in Jesus by DL Moody: Christian Living [print only; no eBook] (*Read David’s book review here.)
- Fury in the Storm – Book 1 of The Leeward Set: Christian Suspense; underground NK church
- Tears in the Wind – Book 2 of The Leeward Set: Christian Suspense & rescuing child soldiers
- Non-fic: Dreams and Visions by Tom Doyle: religious persecution, religious studies, missions
- Soldier of Hope: POW survival story
- *Non-fic: The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee: inspiration, spiritual growth, Christian living, Discipleship [print only; no eBook] (*Read David’s book review here.)
- Arabian Variable: Covert Action-Suspense
- Non-fic: Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef: true story, autobiography, terrorism, religious studies
- The STEADFAST Series: Steadfast Bk1 ~ Steadfast Bk2 ~ Steadfast Bk3 ~ Steadfast Bk4 ~ Steadfast Bk5 ~ Steadfast Bk6: Futuristic novellas
- Non-fic: The Soul Winner by C.H. Spurgeon: Christian Living, Discipleship, Instructional, Inspirational
- Dawn of Affliction – Last Dawn Trilogy, Bk1: Post-apocalyptic
- Non-fic: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand: WW2 Biography of Louis Zamperini, Survival, Redemption [watch Captured by Grace trailer]
- Dawn of Oppression, Last Dawn Trilogy, Bk2: Post-apocalyptic (due out 2020)
- *Non-fic: The Key to Everything by Norman Grubb: Christian Living [only in paperback; no eBook] (*Read David’s book review here.)
- Dawn of Subjection, Last Dawn Trilogy, Bk3: Post-apocalyptic (due out 2020)
- Non-fic: The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob by Watchman Nee: Christian Living, Promises of God
Other recommended books and reviews to read as you find time:
The above books are not just good reads. They are faith-building walks through the lives of imperfect but committed Christians who do mighty things for their Lord Jesus Christ. You will emerge more fervent in your own faith after spending a summer (& beyond) exploring the lives of these adventurers. We pray you have a great and safe summer!
See you on the next page!
(Note: Many of the above links contain Amazon affiliate links, which means we receive a few cents on any sale made through these links. It helps a little with some of our operating costs. Thanks!)
Novel Update: The Resolution Series is in the final editing phase! The books will be out the week of July 15! You’ll enjoy getting to know Wes Trimble better, and to hear about some old friends of yours as well.
COMING UP: Join us next time for David’s “Q+A for The Resolution Series.”