Hello Reader Friends! David here. COIL and my other novels reflect God’s people being rescued from physical harm. But sometimes, in real life, we need a spiritual rescue when we forget our purpose and fall into a spiritual slump. Now don’t worry, I’m not sending Corban Dowler and his team in to rescue you! 😉
Five Rescues for us in the New Year
God can rescue us from our spiritual slump! Below are five shifts in perspective that may help put the zeal of Christ back in our spiritual walk in the New Year ahead:
- Read the Bible as if it were preserved for all time for you—because it is!
- Pay special attention to fulfilling God’s purpose by using your spiritual gifts. (Do you know your spiritual gifts? Read Romans 12:1-8)
- Find ways to encourage one fellow believer per week, even anonymously.
- Challenge yourself to leave a gospel tract where someone is sure to find it. (Put your contact name and email on it, and watch how God uses your courage to change lives!)
- Watch for people whose relationship with Jesus Christ seems naturally enthusiastic—and grow with them. (They seem naturally enthusiastic because it’s their new nature!)
I pray these ideas may help rescue each of us from times when we find ourselves in a spiritual slump.
See you in the field!
Click here to read other Author Reflections by D.I. Telbat.
COMING UP: Next WEDNESDAY, David asks, “Do You Have a Christian Worldview?“