Welcome Friends and New Subscribers! In my upcoming novel, Distant Contact, I deal with conflict in the family. In the writing of this book, I considered seven keys toward true forgiveness that may guide sincere Christians toward healing in any relationship. In my own life, I’ve needed to forgive, and I’ve also needed to be forgiven. The following are thoughts that have helped me through some of life’s biggest threats to relationships.
7 Keys Toward Forgiveness
1. Prayer. Don’t discount God’s work on your heart and on the heart of the other party. Prayer places us in the place of submission and humility, which opens the door for His hand to touch us.
2. Change. As time passes, you’ve changed. So have others. Maybe they’re tired of the separation as well.
3. Time. Time itself doesn’t heal but time can give us a fresh perspective. Sometimes the older we get, the more we realize we’ve outgrown old offenses.
4. Yearning. If you yearn for healing, it’s probable that the other party wants it, too. It is human nature to want to feel safe and secure, but admitting faults and failure is scary.
5. Initiative. Sometimes total repair doesn’t occur quickly in a relationship, but we can still prayerfully take the first step, which may mean being the first one to show humility.
6. Love. Loving others for Christ’s sake is a Christian’s way of life. It’s who we are! There is no room for hate or grudges in the heart of a person who claims to be perfected by Christ’s love.
7. Forgive. God can prepare our hearts to forgive others when we consider how Christ forgave our own personal rebellion against Him. For the sake of Christ, forgive.
When you read Distant Contact, you’ll discover how a family once estranged finds their faith in Christ as their reason to reconcile.
See you on the next page!
EASTER STORY: With Resurrection Sunday approaching, you may enjoy this short story David wrote last year, “Citizenship Resurrected.” (You’ll also find two other linked stories after it.)
REDEMPTIVE AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: We were recently notified by Peter Younghusband that TWO of D.I. Telbat’s books–Dark Edge, COIL Prequel, and Dark Liaison, COIL Book 1 –have been awarded the Redemptive Fiction Award of Excellence!!! We praise the Lord for this honor! Please visit Peter’s site here to read all about it! You will also enjoy visiting David Bergsland’s site, Reality Calling, where he reviews Redemptive Christian Fiction books. Check out both these sites! Thank you so much, Peter and David B!
BOOK of the YEAR AWARD: Dark Liaison, Book One in The COIL Series, has been nominated for the 2016 Christian Small Publisher Book of the Year Award! Read about the award here. Voting has ended and they will announce winners on April 25th. Thanks to all who voted!
COMING UP: Join us next time for Part I (of 3) in a new Christian Fiction Short Story by D.I. Telbat, “Get Ready!”